Board Briefs for January 17, 2019
The Grayslake Community High School Board of Education met on January 17, 2019. In addition to the regularly scheduled Board of Education action items that were reviewed and approved, please enjoy the following meeting highlights:
- The following students and staff members were recognized:
- GCHS Students - Ian Cummisford, Leah Minsky and Andrew Taylor for their accomplishments in the State Drama Festival
- GCHS Students - Liam Coyne and Emmah Pirie for being named All State in Music
- GCHS Students – Osman Quershi, Kristina Galecza, Adrian Dela-Cruz and Taylor Pribyl for their accomplishments in the Voice of Democracy Essay Competition
- Ms. Georgia Brown, GCHS Social Studies Teacher, for being named VFW Teacher of the Year
- Ms. Tina Woolard, GNHS Athletic Director, for being named IADA Division 2 Athletic Director of the Year
- Board Policy updates were brought for a first reading.
- The following new business items were approved:
- Out of Town/Overnight Field Trips
- Recommendation to Approve Preparation of the 2019-2020 Budget
- Resolution Authorizing Disposal of Personal Property
Official minutes from this meeting will be posted on the District 127 website upon approval.