Grayslake Central - Ms. Michelle Lentz 847-986-3300 x5014
Grayslake North - Ms. Jane Lane 847-986-3100 x5043
Proof of Residency Checklist & Birth Certificate Requirement
To prove residency, the parent/guardian with whom the student lives in District 127 and who claims custody of the student must provide three (3) forms of documentation from the categories shown below. Please provide this signed form with a photo ID, copies of one (1) document from Category I and two (2) documents from Category II (all documents must reflect the same address and be acceptable to District 127).
If the person enrolling the student claims the student is homeless or attending school in the student’s former district, upon the determination of the Department of Children and Family Services, only the appropriate line in Category III must be checked.
Category I –one (1) of the following documents showing proper name & address is required:
- Current real estate tax bill
- Current mortgage statement
- Closing statement for purchase of residence (only accepted if ownership is less than six months since date of purchase)
- Signed lease plus proof of last two (2) rent payments (cancelled checks or landlord’s receipts)
Lease must include landlord’s name, address, and phone number; it must also list all school age children living in premises or a notarized letter from the landlord must accompany the lease.
Category II – two (2) of the following documents showing proper name & address are required:
- Valid IL driver’s license
- Home or apartment insurance certificate
- Utility bill
Category III – None of the documents in Categories I or II above are applicable because:
- The student is homeless and eligible for enrollment under the Illinois Education for Homeless Act.
- The student is enrolling based on the determination of the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS)
NOTE: If you checked the DCFS statement, please present the evidence of DCFS determination with this form.
Category IV – Birth Certificates are required for all incoming Freshmen and transfer students
- Birth certificate (hospital issued certificates will not be accepted)
“A person who knowingly or willfully presents to any school district any false information regarding the residency of a pupil for the purpose of enabling that pupil to attend any school in that district shall be guilty of a Class C misdemeanor.” (105 ILCS 5/10-20.12b)
This proof of residency form is to attest that the above child is not enrolling in the district solely for school purposes and is living on a permanent basis with the person having complete custody and control. Registration of a student who is not a resident is a fraudulent act. Any student found to have been fraudulently registered will be dropped from the attendance rolls immediately. Parents or guardians making a fraudulent registration will be subject to the payment of retroactive tuition charged for non-resident students, not to exceed 110% of the per pupil cost.
11.61 MB, Modified June 9, 2016
Connect with D127
Grayslake District 127
400 N Lake Street
Grayslake IL, 60030