Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body,
it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.
~ John F. Kennedy
The Life Fitness Department at Grayslake North has one dynamic goal for all students and that is to prepare students physically, emotionally, and socially so they are well prepared for life after secondary education. The Life Fitness Staff believes that the continuous efforts to improve student growth on a daily basis will allow for each of our students to be successful in any endeavor they may wish to embark on. Within our department students will be provided with the essential skills, attitude and knowledge necessary to foster each student’s personal health, fitness and safety. Through exposure to a wide variety of activities, students will gain the necessary knowledge to understand the importance of and make educated decisions around opportunities to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
847-986-3100 x 5580
Life Fitness Vision Statement: "Through challenging experiences students will be self- motivated and passionate in pursuing life- long wellness."
- First Row - Bobette Byrne, Shelli Williams, Carolyn Gaffke, Tyler Hansen
- Second Row - Collin McKillip, Melissa Smith, Michelle Wood, Tim Hough
- Third Row - Jesse Wolter, Steve Wood, Jon Sawyer, Andy Strahan
Physical Education Links
- Strength and Conditioning Program
- Jump Stretch
- American Heart Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Hammer Strength
- Get Body Smart
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Benefits For Using Polar Heart Rate Monitors
- Fitness Linked To Higher Test Scores
Life Fitness Department Staff
Connect with Grayslake North
1925 North Rt 83
Grayslake, IL 60030