At Grayslake North High School, we do Whatever It Takes to ensure students have opportunities for excellence in academics, extra-curricular activities, the fine arts, and most importantly to discover their passions. We are a school that is coming off an extremely successful 2015-2016 school year, and I wanted to share some of these highlights with you:
- We were ranked by the Washington Post as the 34th most challenging school in Illinois.
- Niche ranked us in the top 4% of high schools in the nation for overall performance.
- Newsweek ranked us 424th in the country for college readiness.
- Our ACT scores increased again and more students sat for an AP exam than ever before.
- Our athletic teams had an amazing year earning conference championships, countless state qualifiers and a first ever playoff win for our football team.
- The Fine Arts continue to excel at Grayslake North. Our music program has performed all over the country and the Marching Band earned 2nd place finishes at the University of Illinois and in Sandwich, Illinois.
- We hosted our first ever musical at North with resounding success.
- Our Life Skills students competed in our first home basketball game against Warren and the bleachers were packed!
- We sent students to explore several countries around the world. This summer 36 students traveled to Japan!
- Our journalism and yearbook programs consistently earned top awards for writing, editing, and photography. In fact, the newspaper earned the designation of ALL-KEMPA this year at the Kettle Moraine Press Association Critique.
Grayslake North’s true strength is our community and the collective support we offer to our students. These accomplishments are truly symbolic of the amazing students who walk our halls. I am looking forward to a great 2016-2017 school year and cannot wait to celebrate all that our students will accomplish this year.