Student Assistance Program
Welcome to the Grayslake North High School
Student Assistance Program!
The Student Assistance Program (SAP) is a comprehensive approach to assist students with multiple challenges that they face during their high school years. The goal of SAP is to help students achieve both academic and personal success by utilizing prevention, intervention and support services. SAP includes a committee of teachers and staff members that meet regularly to discuss student concerns. The SAP team also collaborates with students to create programs and services that promote health, wellness, and safety for all GNHS students.
Prevention is the creation, implementation and evaluation of programs and services aimed at educating students and staff on topics related to health and wellness.
Intervention is intended to assist students that are struggling with significant academic, emotional or behavioral concerns. The “Gold Card” referral system is utilized to intervene when there are notable changes in a student’s behavior, attendance, health or academics that are interfering with his/her ability to be successful in school.
Support is offered to any student that would like to discuss a personal concern or a concern about a friend. Support may also include student support groups, family support, and referrals to community resources.
Student Assistance Program Coordinator
The SAP Core Team Members for 2016/2017 are:
- Diane Busch, SAP Coordinator
- Kevin Ball, Guidance Counselor
- Megan Licht, Associate Principal
- Tom New, English
- Shana Axelrod, Social Worker
- Amy Guzman, School Resource Officer
- Christine Applehans, Student Sevices Secretary
- Kim Keaskowski, Special Education Teacher
- Alex McKenzie, Social Studies Teacher
- Cher Schwartz, English Teacher
- Amy Slobodecki, Special Education Teacher
- Melissa Smith, Life Fitness/Health Teacher
- Patrick O’Connell, Guidance Department Chair
- Joe Alger, Social Worker
- Annie Swiatek, Nurse
- Jill Tomasello, Career and Tech Education
- Molly Tomlinson, English and Activity Director
- Kate Wicklander, Special Education Department Chair
- Shelli Williams, Life Fitness Teacher
- Jennifer Stroh, Guidance Counselor
- Steve Wood, Life Fitness Teacher
- Tina Woolard, Athletic Director
- Michelle Wood, Life Fitness Teacher
Connect with Grayslake North
1925 North Rt 83
Grayslake, IL 60030