In light of Governor Pritzker's phased plan to re-open Illinois amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made the decision to hold a virtual graduation. We understand that this cannot replicate a traditional in-person graduation, however, we remain committed to recognizing and celebrating every graduating senior while ensuring the health and safety of the District 127 community.
The 2020 Grayslake Central Virtual Graduation Ceremony is scheduled for release on Wednesday, July 22, 2020. The virtual graduation will closely follow our traditional program which includes a student speech, our faculty speaker Mr. Bridges, and commencement remarks from Dr. Storaasli, and Mr. Landry.
In preparation of the ceremony, we are in need of photos of our graduating seniors in their graduation regalia. Total Image Photographics will be available for these photo opportunities which will take place in the GCHS Theater.
Please fill out THIS FORM to schedule a time for your students photo opportunity. All photo sessions will be limited to 10 minutes. Only immediate family will be allowed to enter the school with the graduate/graduates. There will be a limit of 5 people per family. Temperatures for all attendees will be taken before entering, and face coverings will be required. Graduates will be allowed to remove their mask for their photo to be taken.
If you would like to take a photo of your student at home and submit it, please follow these guidelines:
1. Students must be wearing their graduation gown and have it zipped completely up. Cap and tassel is also required. Tassel should be positioned on the right side
2. Students should wear all honor cords they received
3. Please be sure that proper footwear is worn (no flip flops)
4. Male students must wear long pants (no shorts)
5. Please try to submit a picture taken in landscape orientation
6. An email address for submission is included in the attached form
Although this is different than any graduation ceremony in the history of Grayslake Central, we are confident that this will remain a positive and memorable experience for our Class of 2020.
In this together,
- About Grayslake Central
- Grayslake Central Blog
- Grayslake Central Faculty/Staff
- Meet our Administration
- Building Goals
- Directions (opens in new window)
- School Calendar/Events
- 2021-2022 Planning Calendar
- Student Activities
- School Profile
- Counseling Department
- Student Resources
- Parent Resources
Connect with Grayslake Central
400 North Lake Street
Grayslake, IL 60030