Golf is a game of integrity, honor and character, teaching you to be honest and forthright. It teaches endurance and resiliency and provides self confidence and trust in yourself.
There are more scholarships available for women golfers than are being used. It is estimated that more than 200 of the available women’s golf scholarships are unused.
Golf is a good workout for mind and body. The World Golf Foundation estimates that golfers who walk an 18-hole course clock about 5 miles and burn up to 2000 calories.
GIRLS GOLF IN THE NEWS
Executive women believed that sports helped them in a variety of ways, including:
- 86% of the women felt sports helped them to become more disciplined
- 81% felt participating in sports helped them function better as team players in the workplace
- 69% of the women felt sports helped them develop leadership skills
- 68% of the women believed their past in sports helped them learn to deal with failure
- 59% of the women thought sports gave them a competitive edge over others in the business world.
Golf is a game where women can compete equally with men. With handicaps and tee placements, the possibility of women and men reaching the green in regulation should be equal. And there’s no advantage for either sex once your ball is on the green. The advantage goes to the person who has practiced the most—and women can do that!
- rSchool Schedules and Registration (opens in new window)
- Athletic Booster Club (opens in new window)
- Athletic Training
- Summer Camps (opens in new window)
- GYBA Scholarship
- Girl's Golf
Connect with Grayslake Central
400 North Lake Street
Grayslake, IL 60030