District 127 believes in educating and supporting the whole child. With support from both home and school, the District believes an environment where all children can thrive and overcome negative emotions can be created.
At school, District 127 will be complying with Illinois law by meeting the requirements of Ann Marie's Law. The law, signed in 2015, mandates that all Illinois public schools provide age-appropriate suicide and depression awareness and prevention education programs for students in grades kindergarten through 12.
- Erica's Lighthouse- A site dedicated to information about youth depression.
- The Anne Marie Foundation - The foundation that helped create Ann Marie's Law. The website shares Ann Marie's story and provides both national and local resources.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- American Association of Suicidology
- Elyssa’s Mission
Professional Counseling Groups/Agencies
Substance Use Interventions
Hospitals for Emergency Psychiatric & Substance Use Interventions
Intensive Outpatient & Partial Hospitalization Programs for Mental Health & Substance Use
**This guide is informational and not an endorsement of the agencies and/or individuals listed. Eligibility for services may depend on your address, insurance carrier, financial means and reason for referral. If you have questions or concerns, please contact your child’s Counselor, Social Worker, or Prevention and Wellness Coordinator for additional information and referrals. Revised 5/27/20
- Counseling Department Home
- Virtual Calming Room
- College and Career Center
- Naviance Student (opens in new window)
- Prevention and Wellness
- School Counseling Staff
- Social Work
- Transcript Request
Connect with Grayslake Central
400 North Lake Street
Grayslake, IL 60030