Summer School Frequently Asked Questions
1. We are going on vacation and will miss several days of the semester. Can we still sign up?
Each day of summer school is the equivalent of one week of class during the school year. As such, attendance is crucial. Typically, it is not advisable to take a summer school class during a time when the student cannot attend. However, if only missing one or two days, it may be that work can be done online during a student’s absence. Talk with the teacher of the course to see if this is possible.
2. My student’s middle school does not get out of school until after District 127 summer school starts. Can we still sign up?
Though we try hard to avoid it, there may be an overlap between the end of middle school and the start of summer school for first semester classes. Students in this predicament will need to complete work during the days they miss. Teachers will be asked to post work on schoology or to send through email what work must be completed. Contact the summer school principal, Rob Nicoletti at (847)986-3100 ext. 5752 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the name and contact information of the classroom teacher.
3. My student has athletic camps during the time of summer school. Can we still sign up?
Talk with the athletic director and/or coach to find out what the overlap will be and if there is flexibility.
4. We qualify for Free and Reduced lunch benefits during the school year; does it apply to summer school?
Payment is due at the time of registration. Families who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch also qualify for reduced Summer School costs. Contact the Adminstrative Assistant to Assistant Superintendent, Jennifer Campbell, at (847)986-3449 or email@example.com with questions about your particular situation prior to completing regsitration. If you have questions about free and reduced status, you may contact Laura Arroyo in the business office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Are there additional fees, other than the tuition costs?
Courses may include additional fees for off campus experiences.
6. Do D127 summer school grades go on the transcript?
Yes, summer school classes are graded like all others and will be placed on a student’s transcript. Grades will be published at the close of each summer school semester. Please note what kind of credit the student receives by completing the course. This is listed on the registration page.
7. Will my student have access to technology during summer school?
Students that don’t already have a Chromebook through the 1:1 program will be issued their D127 Chromebook at the start of summer school.
8. Can my student take more than one class at a time during the summer?
A student can take only one class per semester.
9. What are the rules and regulations of summer school?
All school rules apply during summer school. You can read more in the registration guide on the summer school webpage. This year, Rob Nicoletti is the summer school principal. You can ask him questions regarding summer school expectations at (847)986-3100 ext. 5752 or email@example.com. .
Connect with D127
Grayslake District 127
400 N Lake Street
Grayslake, IL 60030