September 3rd thru 17th – Environmental Club Mum Sale
E-Club is having a mum sale for their fall fundraiser. Pick-up for mums will be Friday, September 24, from 3:45 - 4:30 and Saturday, September 25, from 11 – 12. Click HERE for more information and the order form.
September 22nd – Open House
Open House at GNHS is for all parents. You will follow your student's schedule spending 10 minutes in each class. During your student’s lunch period, we encourage you to visit the HUB (Library) to see the renovations that were done over the summer. Per the State mandate, you must wear a mask while in the building. Click HERE for the Parent University offerings and the classroom schedule.
September 27th & 28th – Freshman and Sophomore Yearbook Photos
Total Image Photographics will be in Room C105 on 9/27 and 9/28 to take yearbook photos of all Freshman and Sophomore students. Pictures will be taken during their Knight Block. If you would like to order photos, forms will be mailed home prior to picture day. There will also be order forms available on the day of pictures.
September 30th & October 1st – Junior and Senior Yearbook Photos.
Total Image Photographics will be in Room C105 on 9/30 and 10/1 to take yearbook photos of all Junior and Senior students. Pictures will be taken during their Knight Block. If you would like to order photos, forms will be mailed home prior to picture day. There will also be order forms available on the day of pictures. ***Seniors must have their picture taken by Total Image in order to have their picture in the yearbook. If you would like to have the picture taken at the studio, please contact Total Image for an appointment (847) 223-5900. There is no charge for the yearbook photo.
Homecoming Week – October 4th thru October 9th
Below is the proposed schedule of Homecoming Events. Student Council will have more information as we get closer to the events.
Monday – October 4th Bonfire
Tuesday – October 5th Pack the Place (Girls Volleyball)
Wednesday – October 6th Powder Puff Football
Thursday – October 7th Pack the Place (Boys Soccer)
Friday – October 8th Golf Cart Parade before Varsity Football vs Round Lake
Saturday – October 9th Homecoming Dance
* Attention Class of 2024 and 2025! Monday, 9/13/21 and Tuesday, 9/14/21 there will be a Knights Block Event. This is a Zoom presentation (approximately 20 minutes) for Freshmen and Sophomores by Link Crew Leaders.This event will be broadcasted in the HUB or you may participate via Zoom on your chromebook wherever you normally settle in during your Knights Block. (Bring earbuds!) Link will be sent to your school email later this week.(You will be required to stay in the building for your Knights Block)
* Seniors, an awesome morning of simple fun – just for you! Check out the flyer for the SENIOR SUNRISE planned and click HERE to fill out the sign-up form!
* The GNHS Environmental Club is sponsoring a Fall Mum sale! We will be having a pre-sale for 9" potted plants during September 3 - September 17 and there will be a pick-up on September 24th. Please click here if you're interested!
* Attention Knight Fans - there will be a fan bus heading to Deerfield High School tomorrow 9/3 to watch the varsity football game. If you are interested intaking the bus to cheer on the football team, stop by the athletic office for a permission slip. All permission slips must be turned in my tomorrow (Friday) afternoon. The bus will be departing from GNHS at 6pm 9/3. Come out and cheer on your Knights!
* Food trucks will be here on Tuesday, 9/7!
8/16/21: Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year!
D127 is very excited to offer two new services to assist with making lunch time more efficient. Nutrislice is a new app to D127 that allows you to simply place a lunch order and then pick up your food! See all the details here.
8/5/21: Block Schedule Description
8/3/21: District 127 is having a Farmers Market! Friday, August 6th from 11:00am to 1:00pm. All produce grown, harvested and cultivated by Grayslake North and Central students... Come support our student farmers. Cash only please.
7/23/21: Important Dates!
7/29 (Thursday) ** Make-up Registration 11:00am – 2:00pm and 3:00 – 5:00pm If you were not able to attend our Walk-In Registration dates, we are offering a make-up date on 7/29. Please complete the online registration and upload the required documentation prior to attending. If you have any questions regarding registering via Power School, please contact our Registrar, Silvia Silva. If you need help with logging into Power School, contact Rachel Burnette.
7/30 (Friday) ** Marching Band Performance 6:00pm – 9:00pm Please join the GNHS Marching Band as they perform their new half-time show – Superstition. With a Cherry on Top ice cream will be here as well. See the flyer below for more information.
08/01 (Sunday) ** Summer Days Craft & Vendor Show 9:00am – 3:00pm Visit the Summer Days Craft & Vendor Show at GNHS! There will be over 80 crafters/vendors and two food trucks! Park in the student lot behind the stadium field and follow the signs.
08/04 and 08/05 (Wednesday and Thursday) ** Text Book and Novel Pick Up 1:00pm – 4:00pm and 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Please open this document to see if you need to stop by and pick up textbooks and/or novels. Please contact Mrs. Anderson at email@example.com with any questions.
08/09 (Monday) Fall sports Parent/Athlete Night ** 6:30pm in the Fieldhouse
08/11 (Wednesday) ** Freshman Orientation 8:00 – 12:00pm Link Crew is excited to be hosting the Class of 2025. Your Link Crew leaders have fun activities planned and this is a great opportunity to learn about all the amazing things you can do at GNHS. CLICK HERE for more information.
08/16 (Monday) ** First Day of School 8:15am – 3:23pm
5/6/21: Please check your emails and OneStopShop page for current news and updates
Cap and Gown Pick Up - Friday, May 7th from 10:30am - 1:00pm in the Athletic Hallway Herff Jones will be here TOMORROW to distribute caps and gowns. Any caps and gowns that are not picked up tomorrow will be left with me for distribution. So, if you cannot pick up your cap and gown tomorrow, please see Mrs. DeFiore next week. If you have not ordered your cap and gown, they will have extras but you will need to supply payment (check or credit card). If you are a remote student, Mrs. DeFiore will stay at school until 4:30 on Tuesday, May 11th and Wednesday, May 12th. Please let Security know you are here to pick up your cap and gown.
**Senior Honors Night - May 18th, at 6:30pm in the Field House We will be starting Honors Night at 6:30pm. Please check your email for an invitation as well as a link to reserve tickets.
**Prom - May 22nd from 7:00pm - 10:00pm at Grayslake North. Tickets are $40 each. Click on the link below to purchase your Senior Prom tickets. The last day to purchase tickets is Thursday, May 20. Contact Mrs. Grunloh or Mrs. Sokolowski with any questions! FYI: *In order to receive the 2021 Prom souvenir shirt, your ticket must be purchased by Friday, May 7. Purchase Prom Tickets
**Senior Athletic Banquet - May 26th, at 6:30pm on the Stadium Field All senior athletes received an invitation via email which included an RSVP form which has a deadline of May 10th. If you did not receive the email and believe that you should have, please contact the Athletic Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Graduation - JUNE 3RD - Communication will be out shortly with regards to a revised graduation plan. Thank you for your patience.
We are hosting a Blood Drive May 16th for students and Staff only in the Fieldhouse! You can sign up with the link below. To make sure we are safe, we can only collect 60 donations for the entire day, so sign up is required! If you are 16 you will need a parent consent form that you can pick up from Mrs. Repp in the athletics/activities office. If you are 15, you cannot donate. To find your our drive, you can either search by zip code 60030 or by group code Grayslake North HS- GL48
Sign up link https://donateblood.lifesource.org/
Contact Drepp@d127.org with any questions.
4/28/21: Upcoming events:
- May 1st, 11:00am - 3:00pm: Student Council will be hosting FOOD TRUCK FEST in the staff parking lot. Stix and Noodles, Churros Y Chocolate, inc., Mario's Cart and Cream-Crunch-N-More will be here serving some delicious items. The menu is attached below. Mask and social distancing protocols will be enforced.
- May 17th - Teacher Institute Day - No School
- May 27th - Last Day of School for everyone: grades 9-12
4/23/21: We will be AAPPL testing for the Bilitercy Seal for Seniors on April 28th & 30th. Students must earn a 480 on ERW SAT or a 4.8 on ACCESS. DEADLINE to sign up is today at NOON.
4/1/21: Summer school registration is now open. Summer School is an extension of our regular academic program designed to provide students with opportunities to gain academic credit, to receive enrichment or remediation, and to explore new interests. Incoming freshmen are strongly encouraged to enroll in summer school as it facilitates the adjustment and transition to high school. See this Summer School webpage for class descriptions and registration!
3/30/21: We have some important information regarding testing on April 13th and 14th for GNHS Juniors.
** Tuesday, April 13 - SAT (NO ESSAY) for Juniors.
** Wednesday, April 14 - SAT Day 2 Accommodations Testing and ISA (Illinois Science Assessment) for all Juniors.
All juniors should plan to be in attendance on both days to complete state required testing. All 9th, 10th, and 12th grade students will be remote on these days working on asynchronous assignments.
3/18/21: The Illinois State Board of Education recently published Revised Public Health Guidance for Schools, adjusting many of the guidelines that we have used to operate school safely in the middle of a global pandemic. Please read carefully the email that was sent on 3/17/21 by the Superintendent of the Grayslake School District. This plan involves a new schedule for our students and we ask that you fill out this form by Wednesday, March 31st if you would like to change your student's in-person learning status.
Our first football game of the season is this Saturday 3/20! Several sports are happening now and everyone must have a pre-ordered ticket. It is free! Check out your school email for more details, come support the Knights!
3/16/21: This is Spirit Week for our countdown to Spring Break! Brought to you by Student Council. Also, another reminder about Spirit Wear, the store closes next Monday, March 22nd! Spirit Wear
Grayslake North High School Green Room Theatre Company Presents our Spring Musical: Working. Tickets for the recorded performance can be found at https://www.showtix4u.com/event-details/46983. The recording goes live April 2-4, 2021.
- NHS applications are due tomorrow, March 12th. Please see/email Mrs. Remshak with any questions.
- AAPPL testing sign-up for the March 17 & 19th test is also tomorrow, March 12th. Sign up here!
- For the LAST time this school year we are opening up the online spirit wear store from Student Council. The Store is open now, and closes on Monday, March 22nd, so BUY NOW if interested. All items (if not backordered) will be printed, organized and sent to the school for pick up around 2-3 weeks after the store closes. Thank you for all your support and ordering! The Student Council appreciates it and can't wait for NEW designs to come out in the fall of 2021!